Tuesday 5 October 2010

Barry Daft and Captain Banana

This is Andrew (aka Barry Daft) and Hamilton (aka Captain Banana), they're a couple of clowns... no, really, they are... in the literal, non-pejorative sense. I ran across them having a coffee in my neighborhood and couldn't pass up an opportunity to get a couple snaps. They kindly let me take a few film shots (to be developed this week) and chatted with me about America and, in particular, American cajun culture. Andrew had recently completed some research on the topic and was thoroughly knowledgeable (much more so than me). I didn't realize the cajuns were originally booted from Canada before they took up residence in Louisiana. The things you learn striking up conversations with complete strangers.

They are great guys; hopefully I'll seem them around again... or maybe even catch their respective acts. Cheers fellas!

This picture is #27 in my 100 Strangers Project, to see more of my project, please click here: Slightly Esoterik's 100 Strangers

To find out more about the 100 Strangers project and see pictures taken by other photographers click here: www.100Strangers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment