Wednesday 28 April 2010

Rainbow & George (100 Strangers Project)


This is Rainbow and George. They were sitting outside my local pub enjoying the warm spring evening when I approached them and asked whether they'd be willing to participate in my 100 Strangers project. Being friendly types they readily agreed and invited me to join them. They had met at a big house party (3 levels of party with live bands that went all night) a while ago and were now meeting up at the Bricklayers Arms for some midweek drinks. Rainbow was familiar with the neighborhood as her band (sorta indie rock) had played a gig at a venue down the street. She plays the trumpet and the occasional tambourine, but admits percussion is not her bag (but jazz hands might be... sorry, had to work that in Rainbow).

George is a garden landscaper and designs everything from traditional English to Japanese gardens. He lives in Wood Green (North London) and claims it's a ghetto... though deferred to my hometown of Baltimore in terms of real ghetto-ness (the Wire is huge over here!). We got to chatting so much I almost forgot to take their portrait before the sun went down. As I was snapping some shots, their Irish-Mancunian mate Jason rolled out of the pub (or was asked to leave.. this is somewhat in dispute) and kicked off some drama. There were hugs, kisses and a show & tell about the pin that was recently removed from his broken but healing hand (due to some recent fisticuffs at the Roundhouse in Camden). Jason was actually a lot of fun and was getting everyone stirred up, friends and strangers alike. I've included a couple of shots of Jason in action in the post below.

I really enjoyed meeting the three of them and hope they had an excellent rest of their night! Thanks Rainbow, George and Jason!

This picture is #18 in my 100 Strangers Project, to see more of my project, please click here: Slightly Esoterik's 100 Strangers

To find out more about the 100 Strangers project and see pictures taken by other photographers click here: http://www.100strangers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment