Saturday 29 May 2010

gifty 21/100


gifty 21/100, originally uploaded by Slightly Esoterik.

I guarantee I have mangled this lovely woman's name [I did, it's Gifty, not Gifta... have now corrected it!]. I really need to start bringing a note pad with me to jot information down on (Gifty, please drop me an e-mail and I'll gladly correct any error!). I spotted her patiently waiting for her bus on Old Street in Shoreditch. She was on her way to church... and there I stood with a beer in my hand (well, it was a Friday evening afterall). She had on a beautiful outfit and had a phenomenal presence about her, all of which made me notice her from quite a distance away. I chatted with her and asked if she'd pose for me. She was friendly and patient, a perfect stranger encounter really. I am happy with how this shot turned out, it's exactly how she looked when she first caught my eye.

Thanks very much Gifty... I hope you enjoyed your church service.

This picture is #21 in my 100 Strangers Project, to see more of my project, please click here: Slightly Esoterik's 100 Strangers


To find out more about the 100 Strangers project and see pictures taken by other photographers click here: www.100Strangers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment